1) Don't do imaging for low back pain within the first 6 weeks unless "red flags" are present.
AFP By Topic: Muculoskeletal Care - Neck and Back
2) Don't routinely prescribe antibiotics for acute sinusitis.
AFP By Topic: Upper Respiratory Tract Infections - Treatment
3) Don't order annual ECGs or any other cardiac screening for asymptomatic, low-risk patients.
AFP By Topic: Coronary Artery Disease - Screening and Diagnosis
4) Don't perform Pap tests on women younger than 21 years or in women status post hysterectomy for benign disease.
AFP By Topic: Cancer - Cervical Cancer
5) Don't use DEXA screening for osteoporosis in women under age 65 years or in men under 70 years with no risk factors.
AFP By Topic: Osteoporosis - Screening and Diagnosis